How to ensure security with a VPN connection? We will get into the nitty-gritty of that, but first, you must know what a VPN connection is and how does it work in providing online security. VPN stands for ‘Virtual Private Network’, you must know what it stands for before you can use it because VPN provides security to your Android and iOS. Sometimes when you access certain sites, a pop-up window opens and asks you to add a VPN connection. Basically, VPN is used to get access to sites that may or may not be restricted, VPNs are also used for online security.
Technically VPN forwards all of the network traffic to the unknown or not secure sites. VPNs gained popularity when business networks started using them for the protection of their data or to securely venture on the internet.
How does the VPN work?
Let’s make it easier to understand, VPN technically connects your devices such as your PC, smartphones or a tablet to other networking sources, called servers. What happens is that normally when you are accessing a website where there are no restrictions, you do not need a VPN connection. This online security comes in handy when you are accessing a website that is restricted in your country or region for any number of reasons. Your network IP plays a very important role in all of this. This IP (Internet Protocol) address is a numerical tag assigned to every internet device. So, in order to visit websites or other networks, your IP address works like a key to a lock; but sometimes your IP is not for the lock (network) you are trying to access. This is where a VPN comes, it provides safe access to the sites where your original IP was unable to comply.
Benefits of Using VPN Connection:
1. The most commonly known feature of a VPN is hiding your IP address. VPN connection conceals your actual IP address.
2. A VPN connection does not only mask your IP address but it changes your IP address according to the encryption that is accepted for a particular server.
3. A VPN connection also protects the data you may be transferred through public Wi-Fi.
4. A VPN connection also masks your real location and lets your surf through the internet easily.
5. In your life you might have come across a number of websites that say ‘access blocked’, that is because they are potentially blocked by the government. With a VPN connection, you can access those websites.
Ways to Ensure Your Online Security:
VPNs are not only for the PCs, but you can also connect to a VPN through your Android or iOS phones, as mentioned above. There are numerous apps that provide you online security; but how to know which one is not a fake or a scheme? All your questions will be answered in a while.
1. When you connect to a VPN, it protects your IP address worldwide. After you are connected with a VPN, then you can access worldwide webs. But here is the deal, do not connect to VPNs that are unknown or provides free IP masking.
2. VPNs online security you can browse the internet without having to worry about giving away your actual identity. Mostly because there are a lot of hackers that hack into your devices and steal your data and use it for let’s just say for purposes you would never want your data to be used for.
3. Always use a reliable VPN connection in public, because when you are in public, you are exposed to the risk of data looting.
4. You can use online banking, once you have connected to a VPN. But we still won’t recommend that.
5. If you want to share or send an email with sensitive or really important information than you must have a VPN connection for your Android or iOS, to protect your phone data.
6. You can easily visit sites that are restricted by the government, a VPN changes your address giving you another IP address.
7. A spot where your data can easily be stolen is the airport, as many people are traveling and a number of people connect to the airport Wi-Fi which is highly unreliable. With the help of a VPN connection, you can protect data while surfing online.
8. Another thing that people avoid in public places is data sharing and for the same reason. There are hackers out there to steal your sensitive data but if you have a VPN connection on your Android or iOS then you are good to go.
9. Most people use incognito windows when surfing for something really sensitive, but with VPN you do not have to use incognito windows or anything. VPN connections are the best thing at this age.
Now that you know what is a VPN and why is it important to use. We have got the best app just for you, VPN Proxy Master. We will tell you why it is the best even though it is free. By using VPN Proxy Master, you get free unlimited tunnel for your Android and iOS. You can access your favorite sites without having to worry about your data getting stolen. It even helps you bypass the firewall of your school Wi-Fi, a great hack for students. VPN Proxy Master encrypts data using Open VPN protocols like UDP/TCP. The cherry on top brings a high-speed VPN connection to your tablet or smartphone.